This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Data Republic we are delivering technology at the leading edge of the emerging data sector. We work closely with forward-thinking companies, governments and industry influencers around the world to enable a better future for all, powered by data insights. With us, you can be part of a data revolution! We’re looking for people with the curiosity and grit to join a start-up dedicated to changing how the world works with data. Why? We know data has the power to unlock benefits for business and society as a whole, but there are huge consequences when it is misused. That’s why we’re forging a Data Republic where governed access to the world’s data is made possible.
We’re proud to say that we’re backed by some big names (ANZ, Westpac Reinventure, NAB Ventures, Qualgro VC and Qantas Loyalty), but that doesn’t stop us from being a team that cares about startup hustle, big ideas and sharing a beer on a Friday.
Can you champion a ‘Security as Code’ culture with ongoing, flexible collaboration between development engineers, devops engineers and operational support? Are you capable of shifting security to the left? Then read on. Your initial focus will be on the continuing automation of our security operations, including detection, incident response and the awareness across the team of potential security vulnerabilities. Working on our mostly AWS toolset and the continuous improvement of security posture in the PAAS/SAAS we provide to our customers.
You will have a mix of Security, DevOps and some application development experience in complex environments securely deploying containerised cloud software solutions. You will have demonstrated cloud experience, preferably AWS and have experience with a language such as Java, Node.js or Python. Your certifications and training can vary, but AWS operations or security, or more general security certifications such as those from EC Council (CEH, CND, etc) or ISACA (CISA) would be highly regarded.
- Identify improvement areas in new processes and existing controls and tools
- Stay up to date on new security technologies and define security designs where appropriate
- Serve as Security Engineering subject matter expert, providing advisory and consulting services to Developers, DevOps and the wider organisation
- Partners with business units on all authentication, authorisation and identification projects to ensure that security standards are upheld and or/enhanced
- Implement secure software solutions into CI/CD pipelines
- Code review best practices
- Security and penetration testing desirable
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- EC-Council cyber security certifications (or equivalents) highly regarded
- Demonstrated experience in AWS environment
- Clear security operations experience
- Have a security mindset that is “outside the box”, not just focussed on ticking boxes.
What you will enjoy:
Competitive salary and equity options for all team members
Flexible working arrangements
Parental leave benefits (for both primary and secondary carers)
Sponsored team events and company celebrations
Great central location, currently remote though
Online learning for the whole team
Most importantly, working with clever and curious people that want to evangelise the data space
It's a great time to join Data Republic. We offer:
A well-funded, successful company at an early stage, with the opportunity to grow with the business globally. Excellent remuneration package including an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) in a fast-growing company. Opportunities for learning and growth on the cutting edge of data and data technologyJoin us in helping the world decide wisely by building a global ecosystem for governed analytics collaborations and data exchanges.
Your application has been successfully submitted.