San Diego, CA, USA
ClickUp is looking for a driven and innovative DevOps engineer to help us make ClickUp the "one app to rule them all". As a DevOps engineer at ClickUp, your primary role will be managing our globally distributed and cloud based infrastructure that powers our app for thousands of users daily. You will also work closely with the other engineering teams in order to deploy, manage and maintain a highly secure and fault tolerant environment.
We have proven ourselves to be the very definition of a hypergrowth startup by growing to over 100,000 teams purely organically. Now, as the company turns its focus to marketing and sales, it is critical that our infrastructure can support an inevitable and drastic increase in load to ensure high standards of uptime for all our users around the globe, as well as develop repeatable, scaleable, and predictable methods to release our latest features at an unmatched rate.
Collaboration and teamwork are vital to how ClickUp operates. A significant portion of your responsibilities will include creating tools to improve processes across the different engineering teams. You will also be in charge of detecting inefficiencies introduced in different parts of the app and propose solutions on how to improve them. A highly developed set of communication skills is also important for successfully fulfilling these responsibilities and many others.
We’re scaling quickly, so we’re recruiting teammates who share our core values, know how to get sh*t done, and would add a lot to our extremely driven culture. We’ve been named the fastest growing productivity app of 2018 and this has been made possible by our passionate, and high-energy team supporting growth in every area.
- Participate in designing and building systems for maximum performance, reliability and scalability.
- Work with the engineering teams on product design, decisions and troubleshooting.
- Maintain and improve the engineering team's ability to rapidly and safely deploy code and configuration.
- Respond to and troubleshoot downtime events while actively developing safeguards to prevent them.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with the engineering team and contribute ideas to our technology and algorithms.
- 3 + years of knowledge of the Amazon Web Services ecosystem (Elastic Beanstalk, CloudFormation, Ec2, etc.).
- 3 + years of experience in managing production-critical infrastructures and DevOps environments.
- Knowledgeable in network, firewall and security best practices.
- Experience with infrastructure automation and monitoring tools.
- Extensive knowledge of relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL).
- A strong self-starter, operationally-focused; a problem-solver.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Experience with application security testing is a plus.
- Familiarity or experience with Node.js is a plus.
- Familiar with configuration management tooling (eg: Ansible) is a plus.
- Experience with management of Linux-based instances.
Your application has been successfully submitted.